BUDGET FAMILY MEALS UNDER £1 PER PERSON
SLIMMING WORLDS BACON & TOMATO RISOTTO
Try this Slimming World bacon and tomato risotto recipe with courgettes, onions and cherry tomatoes. This cheap recipe uses the Everyday Value brand from Tesco.
Total cost: £3.61 (Tesco)
Cost per person: 90p
Items: Cherry tomatoes (300g) 98p, Everyday Value cooking bacon (500g) 81p, onion 12p, loose courgettes 60p, Arborio risotto rice (500g) £1.10
READY IN: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g lean bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby courgettes, sliced
- 300g dried risotto rice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700ml boiling hot vegetable or chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
Place the tomatoes, bacon, onion, courgettes, rice and chopped herbs in a medium-sized baking dish. Season well.
Pour in the hot stock, stir to mix well and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour until the rice is just tender.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.