FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE KITCHEN
Tonight at 7pm the boys will be back in The Kitchen, experimenting with a basic but effective dish. Some would say the idea of putting chocolate and bacon together was crazy, or would they? It’s one of them things without trying for yourself you would never know. A bit like marmite you will either love or hate this one.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 30 Mins
1 - (12 ounce) Bag semisweet chocolate morsels
1- lb of uncooked bacon
- Heat large skillet on high and add bacon strips.
- Turn bacon strips over as needed with tongs.
- Cook back until it’s reduced to about ¼ of its original size and appears to be crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towels to remove grease.
- While the bacon is cooling fill the double boiler or medium sauce pan with water and bring to a medium heat.
- Place double boiler top pan in double boiler bottom pan or put the small sauce pan in the medium sauce pan.
- Slowly add chocolate morsels into top pan and stir while morsels melt. Do this until all morels have been added. Be sure to keep stirring to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Using your fingers or tongs carefully dip the bacon strips into the chocolate, if necessary, use a spoon to spoon the melted chocolate over the bacon evenly coating it.
- Once coated lay strips on cooling rack, with something underneath to catch the drips or waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set chocolate.