SUNDAY IN THE KITCHEN
DEEP FRIED COCONUT PRAWNS
Tonight at 7pm the boys will be in The Kitchen cooking Deep Fried Coconut Shrimp.
What does this dish taste like? Recipes for coconut shrimp sometimes vary, and the dish can be eaten a few ways. Coconut Prawns are coated with flakes of dried coconut. It is then deep fried or baked. Unlike other types of breaded prawn this version is nice and sweet due to the lovely taste of coconut.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 21 Mins
Vegetable oil, enough to fry prawns
3⁄4 Cup flour
1 Teaspoon salt
1⁄2 Teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 Teaspoon pepper
3 Egg whites
2 Cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1 1⁄2 lbs large prawns, cleaned and deveined
• Heat oil in deep fryer or deep skillet to 325*.
• Meanwhile, mix flour, salt, ginger, and pepper.
• Beat egg whites, just until foamy.
• Coat prawns with flour; dip into egg whites.
• Pat coconut onto prawns.
• Fry, turning once, for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Grilled Summer Squash With Feta
- Creamy Confetti Slaw
- Roasted Tomato Basil Salad
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Smashed Asian Cucumber Salad
- The Ultimate Gazpacho
- Peach And Habanero Guacamole
- Sweet Corn & Quinoa With Honey Lemon Vinaigrette