TUESDAY IN THE KITCHEN
WAFFLED PIZZA DIPPERS
This morning on The Kitchen the boys made waffled pizza dippers. The whole family will love these pepperoni- and cheese-filled waffles--a completely new twist on pizza.
They are fun and easy to make and perfect for children.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 15 Mins
1 3⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
32 small pepperoni slices
- Heat waffle maker with 8-inch-square cooking surface on Medium-High heat setting.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses, basil and oregano; set aside.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat pizza sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Place in small serving bowl.
- Unroll both cans of dough onto work surface. Separate each crosswise, making four (7-by-6-inch) rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 1 dough rectangle on bottom surface of heated waffle maker, being careful not to open up perforations. Quickly sprinkle 1 cup cheese mixture evenly on top of dough. Place half the slices of pepperoni evenly over cheese mixture. Top with another dough rectangle; close waffle maker. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until sandwich is golden brown.
- With pancake turner, remove from waffle maker; place on cutting board. Cool 30 seconds before cutting.
- Cut into square sandwiches or triangular snacks.
- Repeat with remaining dough, cheese mixture and pepperoni.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?