MONDAY IN THE KITCHEN
SPRING PASTA WITH SALMON, PEAS AND DILL
This morning the boys turned their hands to a nice,easy and very healthy dish. A perfect meal for Spring or any other season we'd say.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 30 min
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz.
- salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 tsp.
- whole coriander, crushed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb.
- cavatappi or other short pasta
- 8 oz.
- fresh or frozen English peas
- 4 tbsp.
- unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c.
- dry white wine
- 3 tbsp.
- fresh dill, torn
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small baking sheet. Season salmon with coriander, salt, and pepper. Roast on prepared baking sheet until cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cool completely, then flake into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 1 (if using frozen) to 4 (if using fresh) minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain. Return pasta to pot.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add wine and cook until syrupy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserve cooking water. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter (adding additional cooking water if needed to create a sauce). Gently fold in dill and salmon.
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?