FRIDAY IN THE KITCHEN
SMOKY BACON HOMEMADE POT NOODLE FOR ONE
This morning on The Kitchen page the boys made Smoky Bacon Pot Noodles.
IF YOU FANCY HAVING A GO YOURSELF HERE'S THE RECIPE
READY IN: 7 Minutes
- 1 rasher smoked back bacon , trimmed and chopped
- 2 spring onions , white and green separated and finely sliced
- 50g frozen pea
- quarter tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 150g block straight-to-wok wheat noodle , or equivalent of dried, cooked
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- In a small non stick pan, fry the bacon for a few mins, add the white parts of the spring onions, peas and paprika, then cook for 1 min more. Mix the cornflour with a little of the stock to get a paste, then stir this into the pan with the rest of the stock, noodles and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for a couple of mins until thick and saucy, then scatter with the green parts of spring onion.